Sunday, May 6, 2012

WIP it!

I've got a lot of WIP (works in progress) going on right now. I know I sound like a broken record, but it's really all I can think about until it's done! Just some sheets, burp cloths and swaddling blankets to go. At least they go together a lot faster than a quilt - but cutting them isn't exactly easy when you have a giant belly and can only cut in the floor!

What's left of my Heather Ross stash...

Flannel waiting to become a sheet

Lots of flannel for lots of goodies!

Burp cloths, swaddling blankets, sheets and a fleece blanket with satin trim.

I hope the girls like their fleece blankets as much as I did. Mamaw made one for my brother when he was born and he gave it to me when I was born (10 years later) and I carried that thing with me wherever I went for years. Okay... I was a little TOO attached to mine, but it got me through many break-ups and tornado warnings. It was just so special for me to have something that 1) was made by Mamaw and 2) had belonged to my brother. I still can't walk past the girls' blankets without winding the satin around my finger...

Yeah, I know, I have a problem.

Anyway, that's what I'm working on right now. Hopefully everything will be done soon. I've got a few little things planned with my girls to help them get ready for the new baby. I found some things on Pinterest that look really interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment